Sunday, February 5, 2012

What can you expect from this Blog??

Why a blog, what value is it to me; should I read it on a regular basis? All valid questions, and ones you should ask in this age of too much information, and too many tasks to do.
So what can you expect from this blog?  A discussion and presentation of concepts and thoughts around the today and future automation/ operational management system; what are the challengers and forward thinkers I encounter challenging me with, what is my thinking and response.
As a “System Strategist” my role is to listen and guide the Enterprise Control System to be a system, to be aligned with how people trying to solve solutions, and look ahead 3 to 5 years on what needs to be thought of. Many people say I live 3 years away from today’s reality, probably a fair statement, so treat the concept and read as that.
I work in the Common Architecture Team, which looks across the whole of Research and Development at the projects and products to make sure the architecture and functions are aligned for when you, the end user, are composing a solution out of multiple components.
With the ArchestrA platform we are well-placed for scalable / agile solutions.
In this blog I want to test concepts: after listening to many people in the industry, looking at the projects being proposed in the industry, and understanding where the constraints are, are there other ways, if not - why not?
I will update this blog regularly at least once a week with concept/ idea, thought, or feedback, and I look forward to response and discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment